Following a statement issued by Apple confirming battery life issues in iOS 5, Apple has begun seeding developers with iOS 5.0.1 beta (9A402), which is intended to correct the battery life issues, as well as adding multi-touch gestures to the 1st-gen iPad.
iOS 5.0.1 beta contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
– Contains security improvements
The update also brings a new way for developers to specify which files should always remain on a device, even when storage begins to run low. iOS 5.0.1 weighs in at 811MB, and is available now for all paid iOS developers in the iOS Dev Center.