Following previous reports that Apple TV stocks were depleted at many major retailers, it appears that the U.S. Apple Online Store (and possibly others) have run out of stock as well – and it appears that Apple has unintentionally confirmed that new models will be released on March 8th. I received a tip that Apple is currently listing March 8th availability for Apple TV orders, and was able to verify this myself at the Apple Online Store. I even placed an order myself yesterday for an Apple TV to see what would happen (see above image). Interestingly, while Apple shows that my order has been shipped, the provided FedEx tracking number still shows no details about the shipment. This morning, I decided to place a call to Apple’s customer service to see what the status of the shipment was, and was informed that Apple had generated a tracking number for the package, but that it had not yet left their facility. The customer service representative also told me that no Apple TV shipments would be leaving Apple’s facility for several days, and perhaps up to a full week. This is about as close to a confirmation as you can get short of an actual announcement. When I receive my package on March 8th, I fully expect to receive a brand new third-generation Apple TV. I’ll let you know if my suspicions are confirmed once I receive the package. Previous rumors have suggested that Apple may introduce their third-gen Apple TV on March 7th at their iPad media event, with models available nearly immediately after the announcement, and at this point I am nearly certain that this will indeed be the case.
- MacTrast Deals: MailButler Professional: Lifetime Subscription
- FTC Orders iPhone Breathalyzer Maker Breathometer to Refund Purchase Price to Customers
- It’s Just Business: Qualcomm to Continue Supplying Chips to Apple Despite $1B Lawsuit
- Apple Once Again Submits Mysterious Wireless Device w/ Bluetooth and NFC for FCC Approval
- Apple Releases iTunes 12.5.5 Update – Includes ‘Minor App and Performance Improvements’