In 2007, just a month after the iPhone debuted, back even before the arrival of the App Store, Read It Later started their service that allowed you to mark content so you could read it at a later time. Now, more than 4.5 million users later, Read it Later begins a new life as “Pocket“. And it’s FREE!
Pocket is everything you’ve always loved about Read It Later, now with a cleaner, lighter viewing experience and a ton of new features to help you see what you’ve saved—from articles to videos, images and more. We’ve also made Pocket free for everyone.
If you have an existing Read It Later account, you can use it with Pocket. Install the new app, sign in with your current account, and your saved content will be waiting for you in the new app.
- New visual list includes thumbnail images for your saved content, so it’s easier to see what you’ve saved.
- A lighter and cleaner interface and full-screen reader view.
- Easy access to video and images. A new content filter makes it easier to see saved videos and images in one place.
- Want to remember the best stuff you saved? Mark them as a Favorite.
- You can now filter by tag, and search for keywords, publications and titles.
- You can integrate your Pocket account to save stories easily from apps like Twitter, Flipboard, Zite, and more than 300 others.
You can also access your list from any device, which for us would be the iPhone or the iPad, because we don’t have any other devices, so we?