WWDC has just finished, with new Macbook Airs and Pros being announced as well as a more in depth look at Mountain Lion and a brand new, ultra thin, Retina display Macbook Pro. All very exciting stuff, but possibly even more interesting are the latest figures that Apple produced to show their domination.
Here’s a roundup of all the stats you need to know:
- Apple has paid out $5 billion to developers for all their app sales
- There are now 650,000 apps in the App Store, 225,000 of which are iPad specific
- 400 million iTunes accounts now have once click purchasing
- 30 billion apps have been downloaded so far
- 26 million copies of Lion sold so far
- 66 million Mac users – three times the total in 2007
- 365 million iOS devices sold, 80% of which are running iOS 5
- 140 million iMessage users sending over 1 billion messages a day
- 1.5 trillion notifications have been pushed so far
Those are some serious numbers, and as Apple stressed for iOS, the numbers compared to Android are far superior, especially in terms of Ice Cream Sandwich adoption compared to iOS 5. These numbers will probably have increased significantly again by the next keynote, and it certainly shows that Apple is THE company to beat in the consumer electronics industry.