Some iPhone 5 Users Reporting Screen Issues

Some iPhone 5 Users Reporting Screen Issues

In what seems to be a rite of passage for new iPhone releases, a number of owners are having issues with the screens on their new iPhone 5’s. When the iPhone 4 launched 2 years ago, it was weird yellow spots. This time it’s a little more mysterious. Some iPhone 5s are showing a weird bubble effect, others are experiencing flickering, and blurriness.

TechCrunch:

It’s not clear how widespread these issues are, but a number of videos that demonstrate these problems have now popped up on YouTube.

Here is an example of the weird bubble effect:

Here’s a user’s phone whose screen flickers for no apparent reason:

Some users on the MacRumors forum are complaining of backlight bleeding issues, and Apple’s own forum has at least one user complaining about the lower part of his screen being blurry, and another reported “a wavy line at the bottom and the top of the screen that is slightly discolored.”

I can’t check for any of these problems at this time, as my iPhone 5 is still out on the UPS truck, so… Have any of you had any issues similar to what is being reported? Any other issues? Let us know in the comments section below.

Check out our iPhone 5 launch page for our full assortment of tips, guides, apps, resources, and other iPhone 5 coverage!

1. Jacob says:

Wonder if this will turn into another thread on apple like the one about the 4s battery life?

2. Jay says:

I’m pretty sure the screen flickering has something to do with the 300 apps that chick was updating all at the same time. #overload

3. Nev says:

Ive found my iphone 5 the screen becomes unresponsive i have to lock n unlock to become iseful again

4. Spencer says:

I get a keyboard glitch when entering my password in the App Store

5. Hodge says:

When I plug mine in to charge it, it becomes useless. If I hit on the screen, I might be able to get an app to work but most of the time, it won’t do anything. It also sends calls directly to voice mail 9 times out of 10 when I’m charging it.

6. 579845 229241extremely good post, i undoubtedly adore this outstanding web site, carry on it 425336

7. 172853 914050I likewise believe thus, perfectly pent post! . 783413

8. 294700 822103A person essentially assist to make seriously articles I would state. This really is the first time I frequented your internet site page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make this specific publish incredible. Great job! 682334

9. 383933 335660Hey there! Amazing stuff, please do tell us when you post once more something comparable! 261037

10. 펀비 says:

965291 166999Informative Site Hello guys here are some links that contains info which you may locate helpful yourselves. It is Worth Checking out. 312319

11. http says:

110641 92710If youre nonetheless on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which 1 sounds much better to you, and which interface makes you smile a lot more. Then youll know which is proper for you. 976318

12. 648155 442427Thanks for an additional informative post. Where else could anyone get that kind of info in such a straightforward to understand way of presentation. 420606

13. 517109 184071I take great pleasure in reading articles with quality content. This article is 1 such writing that I can appreciate. Maintain up the good function. 516260

14. sbo says:

683948 410727Some genuinely rattling work on behalf with the owner of this internet site , utterly fantastic content material . 476740