Apple has announced the dates for its annual Worldwide Developers Conference. The event will be held June 10 through 14 at San Francisco’s Moscone West. Tickets for this year’s conference will go on sale Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern. Tickets for the event traditionally sell out in a matter of minutes.
“We look forward to gathering at WWDC 2013 with the incredible community of iOS and OS X developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Our developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and we’re excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps. We can’t wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC.”
The event will include hands-on labs aimed at helping developers integrate new technologies. The annual Apple Design Awards event, which showcases outstanding applications available on both iOS and OS X, will also be held during the conference.
WWDC 2013 activities will include:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies
- More than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps
- The latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design
- The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented
- Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design
Tickets for this year’s conference are priced at $1,599 and will go on sale Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern.