• Home
  • Apple
  • iPhone
  • News
  • iPhone 5 Accounts for 76% of North American 4G Web Traffic Among ‘Newer’ Smartphones in June

iPhone 5 Accounts for 76% of North American 4G Web Traffic Among ‘Newer’ Smartphones in June

iPhone 5 Accounts for 76% of North American 4G Web Traffic Among ‘Newer’ Smartphones in June

A new report from ad network Chitika says the iPhone accounted for just over three-quarters of all North American 4G web traffic that was generated by “newer” smartphones. Newer smartphones are defined as those phones released after July 2012.

13.06.27-Chitika_4G

AppleInsider:

The study, conducted over the first two weeks of June, showed 4G-ready handsets¬†accounted for¬†30 percent of all active smartphones in the U.S. and Canada. The remaining 70 percent consisted of “other smartphones,” like 3G and 2G wireless models.

Chitika based the report on tens of millions of smartphone-based online ad impressions on its network from June 1 to June 13, 2013.

When all 4G-capable smartphones are considered, the iPhone 5 takes a still impressive 40% share. The iPhone 5 was introduced the fall of 2012.

Other 4G smartphones mentioned in the study included Samsung’s Galaxy S4, HTC’ s One, LG’s Nexus 4, and both BB10 BlackBerry devices.

The firm also noted that newer 4G phones are driving more traffic than their predecessors, even allowing for the latter’s extra time on the market.

Related

  1. LTE 4th-Gen iPads Are at Apple Stores, But Not Yet On Sale
  2. Real Racing 2 HD Brings Full Screen HD Gaming Over AirPlay
  3. Watch Out Thunderbolt! Here Comes USB 3.1 – 10Gbps Speeds, Backwards Compatible With Older USB Devices
  4. iPhone 5 Ready for Production Ahead of Summer 2012 Launch?
  5. Apple’s iPhone Now Accounts for 37% of All Japanese Mobile Phone Shipments
  6. Google Shamelessly Rips Off Apple’s iTunes Layout
Giveaways by iDrop News

iPhone X Giveaway

$999

Enter

MacBook Pro Giveaway

$1499.00

Enter

10.5″ iPad Pro Giveaway

$649.00

Enter

iPhone 8 Plus Giveaway

$800.00

Enter
Share