I can tolerate my iPad’s virtual keyboard for short emails and text messages, but I can’t bring myself to use it for anything more involved, like writing articles or short stories. However, I also can’t bring myself to tote around a full size keyboard either. Enter the Kickstarter of the Week: The myType Pocketable Bluetooth Keyboard.
From the myType Kickstarter page:
The myType™ Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard is designed to be the most comfortable and convenient keyboard to take with you on the go while also providing the efficiency of a full-size keyboard when you need it. When folded, it fits comfortably in a pocket. It is lightweight, ultra-slim and compact allowing you to easily take it with you just like you take your smartphone or tablet. When it’s open, it provides a laptop/desktop feel and efficiency. And it is perfect for any normal work environment, school or travel, offering completely wireless Bluetooth technology and a long battery life that connects quickly and easily to smartphones and tablets.
myType Features & Specifications:
- Keys are designed and spaced for touch typing, unlike most portable keyboards the myType keyboard is functionally similar to most desktop and laptop keyboards
- Pocket-sized when closed
- Light, thin & flexible design comfortably disappears into your pocket or purse
- Battery life: weeks of normal use
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- Micro USB Charging
- Completely wireless with Bluetooth 3.0 technology
- Max Wireless Range: 33 Feet
- Durable: can be dropped with a low chance of being damaged
- Splash Resistant
- Nearly silent to type on; perfect for meetings
- Available in five colors: Kickstarter green, black, white, blue and pink
- Works with Bluetooth® HID. Either by our own tests, or the respective manufacturer’s web site, HID is supported by the following devices (with the latest iOS available version for Apple products); iPhone 3GS and later, iPad incl. iPad Mini, iPod Touch 2nd and later, Android (with HID support; tested with several Samsung phones and tablets) and Windows 8 Tablets.
- Dimensions When Open: 12.5” x 3.6” x .3”
- Dimensions When Closed: 6.8” x 3.6” x .35″
- Weight: Approximately 122 grams/4.3 oz (just the keyboard, not including packaging or charging cable)
Be sure to check out the myType Pocketable Bluetooth Keyboard and see if it fits your needs. The pledge levels run from $5 to $59, with the higher levels including a myType in your choice of green, black, white, blue or pink.
More information is available at the myType Kickstarter page. [DIRECT LINK]
Have you seen, or even better yet do you have, a current Kickstarter or Indiegogo project you’d like us to check out? If you do then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell me all about the project, and why you think it would make a good subject for a future Kickstarter/Indiegogo Project of the Week. If I agree, I’ll contact you for more information.