Apple Pay has expanded support in the United States, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Russia, and the United Kingdom. The U.S. additions consisted of smaller regional financial institutions.
The U.S. additions are:
- Anstaff Bank
- Bank of Milton
- Bryn Mawr Trust
- Credit Union ONE
- Farmers & Merchants Union Bank
- Farmers National Bank
- First Bank and Trust Company
- First Class American Credit Union
- First National Bank (PA)
- First National Bank of Crossett
- First National Bank of Groton
- Nascoga Federal Credit Union
- Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
- Peach State Federal Credit Union
- Security Federal Bank
- State Bank
- Sutton Bank
- VacationLand Federal Credit Union
- Wauna Credit Union
- Western Federal Credit Union
- Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union
In addition to the U.S. expansion, Apple’s contactless payments solution added Australia’s Latitude Financial Services and RACQ; China’s Beijing Rural Commercial Bank, Haikou Rural Commercial Bank, Jiangsu Jiangnan Rural Commercial Bank, Jiangsu Jiangyin Rural, Commercial Bank, Shengjing Bank, Yunnan Rural Credit Cooperatives; Dahsing Bank in Hong Kong also joined the club.
A number of Russian financial institutions went live with Apple Pay this month, including Bank “Devon-Credit,” Credit Union “Payment Center” Ltd. (Mastercard Prepaid cards), Khlynov, Kuban Credit, Levoberezhny, Primsotcbank and Sovcombank. The UK’s Cumberland Building Society also came online with the payments service.
Apple’s payment solution is now available in the U.S., Australia, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland Taiwan and the U.K.
Apple will launch person-to-person Apple Pay payments this fall, alongside the launch of iOS 11.
Adding Your Credit or Debit Card to Apple Pay
Users can add their credit or debit card to Apple Pay, by doing the following:
- iPhone users running iOS 10 can go to the Wallet app and tap the “+” icon in the upper right-hand corner to begin, and then just follow the prompts. Users of iPads with Touch ID can add a card to the service to use in apps by going into “Settings” -> “Wallet & Apple Pay” to add a card there.
- Apple Watch users will need to enter the Watch app on their iPhone, Tap on the “Wallet & Apple Pay” option, and then tap the “Add Credit or Debit Card” option.
(List via AppleInsider)