Apple has debuted a new “This Weekend Only” feature for the “Today” section of the recently updated iOS App Store. The company says it will be offering “new ways to save” with iOS apps.
Today, we’re kicking off a new way to save using your favorite apps. You’ll get great deals, available only through these apps, on everything from apparel to food delivery, hotel reservations to movie tickets.
App Store users can view the discounts each Thursday by heading to the Apps tab. There, they’ll find an app labeled “This Weekend Only,” with a promotion that’s valid through Sunday. For the feature’s “Grand Opening,” they will this week be offering five apps that will provide special discounts.
This weekend’s deals are:
- HotelTonight: Receive up to 40 percent off of the original room price when booking a last-minute hotel room.
- Glasses by Warby Parker: Place an order for glasses or sunglasses this weekend and receive a free geometric case, a $15 value.
- Under Armour: Get $20 off orders of $100 or more.
- Chipotle: Get a free order of chips and queso with your first entrée purchase.
- Shoptiques: All orders over $100 are 15 percent off.
Apple’s iOS App Store was completely redesigned as a part of the recent iOS 11 update. The new store is working to provide better ways to promote and sell apps.