Amazon Prime Video has finally arrived on the Apple TV. The long-awaited app allows Amazon Prime members to stream thousands of movies and television shows without using AirPlay. In other Prime Video news, the service’s iOS app has been updated with iPhone X compatibility.
What’s New in Version 5.0
- Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later).
- Universal Search now supported – search for Prime videos using iOS search (US, CA, AU, NO, & SE only).
- iPhone X support.
Amazon says the new tvOS app requires a 3rd generation Apple TV or later running tvOS 11.2 or later. The updated iOS app requires iOS 9 and 76.6MB of storage space.
- Download movies and TV shows over Wi-Fi or cellular to watch anywhere, anytime.
- Prime members in India can enjoy hundreds of top Bollywood and regional Indian hits like Sultan, Baar Baar Dekho, Kabali, Dhoom series and more!
- View IMDB data about the actors, songs and trivia related to your videos during playback with X-Ray.
- Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later)
- Wirelessly stream from your phone to TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
- Add videos to your Watchlist to watch later on any other Prime Video-compatible device.
- Access hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing.
- Start watching the next episode of the show you are currently streaming automatically with Auto Play.
Amazon Prime Video for Apple TV was officially announced at WWDC 2017 in June, but rumors about the app have been floating about the internet since early May. The app was targeted for a fall 2017 release, and just barely made it.
The Amazon Video app for tvOS and iOS is free, and is available through the App Store. [GET IT HERE]