A new report from Japanese newspaper Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun says Apple display partner Sharp will begin manufacturing LCD panels for the iPhone 5S starting in June at its Kameyama Plant No. 1 in Japan.
Greenlight Capital Chairman David Einhorn, who attempted to force Apple to offer preferred stock shares earlier this year, has increased his stake in the Cupertino firm, following the announcement of its $100 billion capital reinvestment program.
Rovio Account lets you store your game progress and continue playing on another device.
Bloomberg reports that the Berlin Regional Court in Germany has ordered Apple to change its policies for managing customer’s data on its website after ruling that Apple’s terms for data use go against German laws.
Analyst Gene (Oh Grandpa!) Munster of investment bank Piper Jaffray says Apple’s share of the mobile web in the U.S. is not only dominating their competitor Android, but is also growing at the expense of Google’s OS.
Immediately following yesterdays report about Apple’s timeline for the release of their second-generation iPad mini, NPD DisplaySearch analyst Richard Shim now says display suppliers could begin mass production of the tablet’s screens as quickly as next month.
Apple has continued their campaign against app recommendation apps, as the company is now reported to be rejecting apps that allow users to share apps they’ve discovered with their friends.
A new analysis says “prohibitive” carrier requirements by Apple have prevented some 2.8 billion customers from having access to the iPhone.
Apple and Samsung have once again combined to account for 100% of the profits to be had in the smartphone business. The iPhone took 57% of the market’s value, with Samsung grabbing the remaining 43%. It’s good to be the kings.
Apple has leapt 11 spots in Fortune magazine’s annual “Fortune 500″ list. The list ranks the largest companies in the United States according to revenue. In this years list, Apple jumped to #6 from its #17 spot in last years rankings.
CNET is reporting that NPD DisplaySearch analysts are saying there will are two iPad mini with Retina display models in the pipeline, with one launching in the third quarter of 2013, followed by a second update, including an updated processor, in Q1 of 2014.
The European Commission, in a preliminary ruling, calls Motorola’s enforcement of an injunction against Apple via mobile standard essential patents “abuse of a dominant position prohibited by EU antitrust rules.”
What happens when you have Siri and Google Now on the same iPhone? Well, it’s kinda like having your Wife and your Mom in the same car. Trust me, it’s not pretty!
As of March, Apple share of the U.S. smartphone market had risen to 39%. This information comes from the most recent statistics from market research firm comScore. The iPhone showed a three-month percentage growth that outperformed Samsung by a factor of four.
Apple has requested a permanent injunction blocking the sale of certain Samsung Android devices that were found to have infringed on Apple’s patents. To no one’s surprise, Samsung has countered the Cupertino company’s arguments, saying that would be a bad idea, as it would only serve to confuse the buying public.
Here’s an intriguing thought, what if Apple’s much-rumored low-cost iPhone isn’t targeted at the lower end of the smartphone market? What if Apple follows the path that works so well for the iPad mini, and instead targets it at the middle?