• iOS

Signs Abound That Apple May Be Working On Smart TV

Signs Abound That Apple May Be Working On Smart TV

According to an industry analyst, Apple is building a “Smart TV” prototype. The analyst shared this information with investors on Friday, citing certain Asian suppliers. Bloomberg has also reported that Apple is in talks with TV manufacturers to embed their AirPlay technology.

A Smart TV, or at least a TV that innately supports AirPlay and other Apple features, would be a significant market for Apple, and would either help them spread their technology far and wide (in the case of licensing AirPlay), or build an entire new product category for them.

What are your thoughts? Would you welcome an Apple TV? I mean, a real Apple TV? Sound off in the comments!

Via CultOfMac

1. Sean Wieland says:

I'd like to see an Apple smart TV, especially an AirPlay equipped TV. I would think it would look more like an Apple Display and could serve multiple functions.

2. eclamb says:

They need to bring the airplay technology to car stereos. I think that would be a more explosive use of that tech.

3. cbabb says:

Sounds great! if it's better than my Sony Bravia, I just may have to get one; if and when its produced.

1. Clifford says:

Sorry Sony is not doing so well,you could have gone for LG or Samsung TV brilliant indeed.

4. D Dickinson says:

This is definitely the way forward. AirPlay is a killer … App.

5. camdenkidd says:

I can honestly say, I think it would cheapen the brand that is Apple…

1. Stacy says:

I can certainly appreciate your point and I do agree, however Apple is going more and more mainstream and no longer is it the best kept secret. Apple realizes that people are moving away from the desk and the next big frontier will be the living room. Personally, given the quality and style of their products, I'd love to see what they can do with a TV but only if they can remain competitive in the already exploding market. I believe the biggest hurdle is the casual consumer who would be the first to say they just want a TV, they don't "need" all of that other stuff. For whatever the reason, fear, cost… it tends to steer the average consumer away from some of the better tech that's coming on the scene. How's that Google TV thing working out?

1. camdenkidd says:

You have some very valid points, for instance, cost that would be the one product Apple releases you don't see line ups for!

As for Google TV? Isn't that something you may expect from Google and the other collaborations out there?
        Not saying that Apple doesn't want to join the race or anything, but if they do it, please, I hope they have a design team of they're own to put it together! No using another television company's design. They need to do it themselves and make it so visually stimulating as Isamu Sanada (I tired to post a link but no luck)!
        Check this guy out! Get some advice from him… Build such a beautiful TV with the design team at apple!
        Link!? http://www.google.ca/images?q=isamu%20sanada&…

6. Don says:

I would love a quality TV with a smooth Apple interface

7. Stacy says:

I'd love to see Apple enter the TV market but only if the pricing was competitive.

8. Sean Brosnan says:

Awesome! You can be guaranteed no one will do it better, and it will integrate seemlesly with all your Apple products… Before the iPhone it was said Apple couldn't make a mobile phone because it wasn't their core business…!

9. DevOps says:

127374 32864Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? Im kinda paranoid about losing everything Ive worked hard on. Any recommendations? 8996

10. 4093 486585Hey i just visited your web site for the initial time and i genuinely liked it, i bookmarked it and will probably be back 174201

11. 655106 900097Aw, this became an extremely nice post. In notion I would like to set up writing like that furthermore – taking time and actual effort to produce an excellent article but what / points I say I procrastinate alot by means of no indicates appear to get something completed. 441197