Today, Apple has updated both GarageBand and iMovie for the iPad, bringing AirPlay, Bluetooth, and HDMI support to GarageBand, and audio over HDMI, full screen video out, and performance and reliability enhancements to iMovie.
Do you use either of these great apps? If you don’t, it might be high time to make a bit of an investment, as both apps are simply great. Here’s the change log for each app from Apple:
Garageband for iOS 1.0.1 ($4.99, iTunes Store Link):
- Support for audio output over AirPlay, Bluetooth devices and HDMI with the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Import of AIFF, WAV, CAF audio files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz).
- Allows copy and paste of audio from supported apps into GarageBand
iMovie for iOS 1.2.1 ($4.99, iTunes Store Link):
- Audio plays from your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- Video plays full screen from Marquee to your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Resolves some cases of missing media in projects.
- Provides more accurate clip grouping by date in Video browser.
- Fixes an issue where a project’s background music would not fade in or out.
- Additional performance and reliability improvements.