• iPhone

Report: Apple Ordered 15 Million iPhone 5s, Plans To Sell Them All In One Month!

Apple has reportedly ordered a total of 15 million iPhone 5 handsets from two separate manufacturers, which they expect to sell within in the first month of its release. If the rumors are correct, the sales figure would equal 5 times the initial sales of the iPhone 4!

MacTrast In-House Mock-Up Of Possible iPhone 4S / iPhone 5 Design

While the number does seem high, there are a few factors that could assist its credibility. When you consider the iPhone’s ever-increasing popularity, the rumors that Apple may expand it to new carriers, and the rumors that it may work on both the GSM and CDMA cell networks, the figure becomes much more believable. It’s also possible that Apple might try to go for a simultaneous international launch with the iPhone 5.

Whatever the case may be, if this rumor is true, that’s a whole lot of iPhone 5s. What are your thoughts? Sound off in the comments!

Topics

1. Simeon Berns says:

I will definitely be one of the 15 million. It will be my first iPhone.

1. Rakkhi says:

Welcome to the neighbourhood. I think you will like it here

2. Jessica says:

WHOO HOO! Congratulations, Simeon–you’ll be hooked!

2. Guest says:

When is this expected to happen?

3. I’ll also be one of those 15 million, if they launch it in Switzerland at the same time as in the US….

4. Tyler Mappe says:

Does anybody know if the iPhone is rumored to be coming to Sprint? Even with all the awesomeness of a rooted Android phone, it’s still unbelievably buggy.

1. Sprint is CDMA right? I guess it would be smart for Apple to now release the phone on all available carriers. Especially ones that the phone is compatible with which I THINK Sprint is CDMA.

1. Tyler Mappe says:

That would be awesome. Screw Android. As Mr. Jobs made famous, the iPhone ‘just works’. =]

5. Tristan says:

i will definitely buy one. need to replace my iphone 3gs

6. ikinga says:

Everytime new iPhones come out availability is a big issue. At least here in Europe (I live in Italy), the first iPhone shippment is always preordered, then nothing for months. Usually, when the iPhone comes out if you want to buy it you have to be in the list… and if let’s say you go to a store like 2-3 days after the iPhone was launched, waiting list is at least 3-4 weeks… so I think this would lead to more iPhone availability from the beginning. If they will sell or not? That depends also on what feature it will have. I see many people still owning an iPhone 3G or 3GS, they are all very likely to upgrade. I just got a white iPhone 4 so I won’t upgrade for now, no matter what features will have the new one. There are many enthusiats out there owning an iPhone 4 that will most likely upgrade to the latest model.

7. Starins says:

Action speak louder than words. That’s why Morningstar projects the stock to be at least 50% higher.

Bob

8. Starins says:

Bob

9. Jratky says:

I’ll take all 15 million !

10. 148267 392348Quite educating story, saved your internet site for hopes to read much more! 378955

11. 627390 161303Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your internet web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I had been a bit bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear notion 50637

12. see post says:

908371 94You created some decent points there. I looked over the internet for any difficulty and located most individuals goes as properly as along with your web website. 101176

13. 326042 747212This really is a good topic to speak about. Sometimes I fav stuff like this on Redit. I dont feel this would be the most effective to submit though. Ill take a look about your web site though and submit something else. 207472

14. 950004 734440As soon as I discovered this internet website I went on reddit to share some with the love with them. 851492

15. 657764 947927An fascinating discussion is price comment. I feel which you must write extra on this topic, it may well not be a taboo subject but typically individuals are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers 936925

16. 951829 879230Woh I like your posts , saved to fav! . 283938

17. 788498 725811hello!,I really like your writing so a lot! 231976

18. track 101 says:

467845 908996I actually like your writing style, good information , thankyou for putting up : D. 814762

19. 530663 940948Precisely what I was searching for, thankyou for putting up. 282110