Popular upstart OS X mail app, Sparrow, has been updated with support for OS X Lion. Sparrow took a leaf out of the book of Twitter and brought a micro design to email. Most noticeable to is a new sidebar, empty trash option, and send & archive options.
- Extended Sidebar: directly access all your label & folders in the sidebar
- Send & Archive: one of the coolest Gmail feature now available for all IMAP accounts
- Drag and Drop: select any message and simply drag and drop it to other apps and your desktop
- Hide sidebar: keep it minimal and hide your sidebar for a streamlined experience. Shift-Cmd-M or a lateral three finger swipe in the sidebar will do the trick.
- View mail source
- \Empty trash’ button
For Lion OS X users:
- Bounce everywhere: in the sidebar, in the message list and in the conversation view. Lion goodness all over!
- Full screen mode
- Launch animation
- All animations have been rewritten from the ground up.
- Sidebar animations: account and category switching is faster and smoother
- Message list: we made the scroll more fl.uid and natural
- Window animations: we killed all window animations to make Sparrow faster and simpler
- Sidebar scrollbar: even if it has always been possible to scroll there, we made it obvious.
- Priority inbox behavior: now shows all Priority mails of the inbox regardless of the fact that they’ve been read
- Omnifocus: drag a mail in the app to create a new task
- Things: drag a mail on the dock icon to create a new task
- Yahoo compatibility
- DAV Mail compatibility
- MBox mail compatibility
and of course, hundreds of small bugs have been resolved:
- Fix crash issue on 1.3
- Fix formatting issue on 1.3
- Cmd-L and Shift-Cmd-L bug in Unified Inbox for Google accounts
- Lost text when replying too fast
- Reply animation: the reply window now matches the location and size of the reading window
- Default window size is now kept when quitting and relaunching the application
- Various bugs on window resizing
- Lotus Domino compatibility
- Bug in sidebar Label menu