Vonage, a popular VOIP telephone company in the US, has just released a new iOS application called Time to Call (Free, App Store Link). The free app offers low-cost international calling rates, and allows you to bill calls to your Apple ID. Further, they give you 15 minutes for free just for downloading the apps!
While Vonage is currently offering 15 free minutes of calling, the offer is being made with early adopters in mind, so I’d recommend you grab this app (and your 15 minutes) before the offer is no longer available.
According to Vonage, a user can place a 15-minute call to any of 100 countries for less than $1.99 for the entire call – that’s really cheap! The features are listed below:
• Pay per call and talk for up to 15 minutes to 100 countries for $1.99 or less (excluding applicable taxes)
• For an additional 90+ countries, talk up to 15-minutes for $2.99 to $9.99 (excluding applicable taxes)
• Bill directly to your iTunes account
• Works on Wi-Fi® worldwide
• Also for use on high quality 3G networks in the U.S. and Canada
• Special bonus! For a limited time, unused minutes can be used for additional calls
• No need to be a Vonage home customer
Additionally, Vonage offers a web-based tool to find prices for the places you need to call. The application is available to app, is a universal app, and does not require you to currently have an account with Vonage (Free, App Store Link).