If iOS 5’s recently discovered hidden panorama mode wasn’t enough for you, iPhone hacker Sonny Dickson has found another interesting feature – a word list bar that allows you to choose from multiple autocorrect options!
The predictive word list could be helpful for those that frequently find that iOS 5’s autocorrect isn’t really on the same when it comes to making word suggestions.
The feature isn’t entirely polished, as auto-spacing isn’t supported – you have to select the word before hitting the space bar, or else it will run together with the previous word. Nevertheless, it can still be a useful little hack.
If this is something you think you’d find useful, Dickson has provided a simple set of instructions to show you how to enable the feature:
- Download iBackupBot
- Backup your iPhone/iPod in iTunes
- Open iBackupBot and find the backup, then load it.
- Find Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboard.plist and open the file. (if your software isn’t registered you’ll have to press cancel and then it will open)
- Add in the following code: <key>KeyboardAutocorrectionLists</key><string>YES</string>
- Save your modifications, and then restore from backup from within iBackupbot.
Let us know how it works out for you!
For more helpful tips, check out our full collection of tutorials by visiting our How-To category!