VMWare has just released a significant update for their VMWare Fusion 4 virtual machine software, bringing improved animations, fast screen resizing, improved startup time, better graphics performance, support for Lion’s full-screen mode and more.
The update also brings back the ability to automatically run virtual machines on launch, and enhances Lion’s full-screen mode by allowing you to use the feature on a second display (while retaining your primary display for OS X). VMWare provides the following summary:
- Smart Full Screen
- Automatic virtual machine power on
- Improved animations for full screen mode, unity mode, library and snapshots.
- Faster screen resizing, faster transitions into Unity and Full Screen modes, and improved startup time with Windows 7 virtual machines.
- Improved Mac OS X Lion guest operating system support
- Improved graphics performance