Apple has released iBooks 1.5 (App Store link) – a major update to their iBooks app for iOS devices, adding a great new nighttime reading theme, new fonts, a full-screen layout, new covers for classic books, and more.
Having tried the new nighttime reading theme, I can say that it works extremely well, and is much easier on the eyes, and the fullscreen mode for iPad is nothing short of brilliant. I’ll use iBooks more now that Apple has made these improvements.
iBooks 1.5 adds the following new features as well as some stability and performance improvements:
• Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
• Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
• iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowan, and Seravek.
• Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
• Support for pop-up footnotes, included in select iBookstore titles.
• A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
iBooks 1.5 is available now as a free download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch (free, App Store link).