Early this month we told you about a great new Mac app called Reflection that lets you mirror your iPhone or iPad’s screen directly to your Mac. While Reflection was great before, however, the developers have now released version 1.2, which adds several new features and improvements.
Perhaps the most significant new feature is support for audio and video recording, allowing you demo an app or record a video tutorial using your iOS device without having to use another program like Quicktime to do the recording. They’ve also added support for the new iPad’s Retina display!
Version 1.2 – Release Notes
- iPad 3rd Generation Support – Reflection is now optimized for use with your new iPad. (Note: Apple limits the mirroring of the new iPad to 720p, about half of its total screen resolution)
- Recording – Now you can record the video and audio of your iPad 2, iPad 3 or iPhone 4S right in Reflection!
- Added full screen theatre mode – Streams can now go true, full screen.
- Photo gallery and photo streaming support
- Videos now play in Reflection instead of opening QuickTime
- Choose black or white iPhone and iPad frames
- Scale your mirroring to show a scaled image that fits on your screen or the entire, full-size stream
- Better 10.8 Mountain Lion support and other miscellaneous performance improvements