Following the official launch of Creative Cloud this morning, Adobe has also released two new Adobe Touch apps for the iPad: Proto and Collage. The apps were originally announced in October, and are designed to work as companion apps to Creative Suite applications.
Proto is designed to let you easily build wireframes for websites or web apps using CSS grid systems, and integrates with Adobe’s new Creative Cloud service to let you store and import files. This is a great way to sketch out a website or app idea before building to get a better feel for how the final product will look and feel.
Adobe® Proto lets you create wireframes of websites and apps right on your tablet. Design interactive wireframes and prototypes for websites and mobile apps with the convenience of simple touch gestures.
• Sketch website and mobile app wireframe layouts with simple finger strokes on your tablet’s touchscreen.
• Insert interactive wireframe components from the component toolbox, including menus, tabs, accordions, and more, to quickly capture your design idea.
• Build wireframes using well-known CSS grid systems.
• Take advantage of the WebKit preview and jQuery support.
• Sync your wireframe to Adobe Creative Cloud to easily access for further refinement using Adobe® Dreamweaver® CS6.
• Free membership to Creative Cloud* gives you 2GB of cloud storage plus the ability to sync between tablet and desktop, access files from the web, and easily share with others.
Previously available only 0n Android devices, Collage allows you to build unique “moodboards” to express creative concepts and ideas using images, video, text and more. Like Proto, it allows you to store and access files on Creative Cloud to share with others or touch up later using Creative Suite apps on the Mac.
Adobe Collage allows you to capture and refine concepts bringing together inspirational images, drawings, video, text, and files from select Adobe Creative Suite® applications into modern, conceptual moodboards. Upload your files to Adobe Creative Cloud* to refine later or share with others.
• Create modern moodboards with mixed media.
• Import PDF, PSD, and AI files.
• Search and import content from Google, Flickr and YouTube.
• Increase the size of your canvas as needed to add assets.
• Multiple pen types allow for varied look and feel.
• Add text with a variety of fonts.
• Leverage existing content library in Adobe Creative Cloud*
•Free membership to Creative Cloud* gives you 2GB of cloud storage plus the ability to sync between tablet and desktop, access files from the web, and easily share with others.