Following their recent acquisition of Instagram, Facebook announced this morning (via The Verge) the release of their own camera app for iOS – Facebook Camera. The app integrates deeply with Facebook, and includes s number of filters and other features borrowed from Instagram (which is currently still a separate app).
Share your photos in a snap with Facebook Camera. Post a bunch of photos to Facebook at once, and see what friends are up to with a feed of nothing but their photos.
– Post multiple photos from your camera roll at a time
– Crop and apply filters to give your photos a new look
– Scroll down a single feed of all your friends’ photos
– Tag your friends, add photo captions and say where you are
– See photos from the different apps your friends use
Facebook may have dramatically overpaid for Instagram, but Facebook Camera actually looks pretty darn good! It even automatically detects and connects to Facebook for iOS if you have it installed, eliminating the need to log in again.
Facebook Camera is available immediately for free from the App Store (free, App Store link). I just hope they got their money’s worth…