It’s been a long time coming, but Spotify has finally released their highly anticipated iPad app, bringing their popular music streaming service to the big(ger) screen! The iPad app comes as an update to the existing Spotify iOS app, which is now universal for all iOS devices.
Today we’re extremely proud to present our native iPad app in all its green-hued glory. Features include:
– Retina graphics for iPad – dazzling display, razor sharp images, richer colors
– Even easier to browse and explore Spotify’s entire 18 million* song catalogue
– New ‘Now Playing’ full-screen view with high-definition cover art
– Search for playlists, users and music – all from the same view
– Check out what’s hot and find trending playlists & songs amongst your friends
– Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
– Gapless playback and crossfade
– AirPlay integration
As with its iPhone and iPod touch counterpart, Spotify for iPad requires a premium subscription to the service. Spotify Premium is available as a 30-day free trial through Spotify’s website, as well as a 48-hour trial through the app itself.
Fortunately, the app has been completely redesigned for the iPad, including Retina support for Apple’s latest iPad, rather than simply being a re-skinned version of the previous iPhone version. Spotify for iOS is available now as a free download through the App Store (free, App Store link).