Popular iOS Twitter app Tweetbot just got a nice update today, bringing the version up to 2.4. The updated adds a variety of features, including offline favorites, support for Read Later services, and a new, improved search view, among other things.
Among the most notable changes is the addition of Read Later support, including the ability to read saved articles offline, allowing you to stash articles to services like Instapaper or Pocket for viewing at a later time – even if you don’t have a data connection handy! The app then syncs any changes you’ve made when you’re connected to WiFi or a 3G network.
The update also includes new gestures, support for smart quotes, and a fairly lengthy list of other features and improvements. The full change log can be found below. Tweetbot is available immediately in two separate versions for iPhone ($2.99, App Store link) and iPad ($2.99, App Store link) from the App Store.
What’s New in Version 2.4
– Updated Search view
– Nearby tweets added with ability to change location
– Location-based keyword searches
– Improved search box for efficiency.
– Trends and People categories moved to browse section
– Added Top Tweets in browse section
– Can now change trends location from the search view
– Double-tap search tab to open search with keyboard
– Keyword mute filters (with regex option and ability to mute mentions as well)
– Offline Favorite and Read Later support (for you subway passengers)
– Basic smart quote support when composing (ex: quotes become smart quotes, … becomes an ellipsis, and — becomes an em dash)
– When viewing an image full screen on the iPad you can hold down on it for options
– List views now show one line of a list or profile description on the iPad
– Top tweets show up in search results (marked by silver star violator)
– Dismiss web and map views on the iPad with a 2-finger swipe down gesture.
– Can now swipe to the right on profile views to go back one level
– Improved find location speed and accuracy
– Sending to pinboard now marks items as unread
– Muting a client automatically mutes mentions from that client as well
– Fixed iPad bug where you couldn’t take profile photos with the camera
– Fixed missing tweet sound when publishing a tweet.
– Various other bug fixes