Following a leak earlier this week providing some details about Twitter for iOS 4.3, Twitter has now released an updated version of their iOS app, complete with the new Twitter logo, push notifications for tweets, expanded tweets, content previews, and more.
From the App Store:
What’s New in Twitter Version 4.3
– Expanded Tweets: when you view Tweet details containing links to partner websites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more [please note: this feature is rolling out gradually]
– Enhanced experience around selected events with the best Tweets and photos from those involved
– Push notifications for Tweets: choose to receive notifications from people you follow anytime they tweet or retweet
– Ambient notifications: enables you to see brief non-interruptive notifications in the status bar while you are using the app
– Improvements to search autocomplete for users
– Discover: now indicates when new stories are available for you to view
– Tappable avatars that take you directly to user profiles
– Performance improvements
– Support for password entry in app when experiencing authentication issues
– Hungarian language support
– Updated with new Twitter bird
– Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes
As is typical with Twitter’s releases, most of the changes are only for the iPhone – the iPad version of the client will be updated at a later time. As always, Twitter for iOS is a free download from the App Store, and is available immediately (free, App Store link).