If you’re a Skitch user you may have received an email today telling you that as of October 10, 2012 you won’t be able to access Skitch.com. Don’t freak out, you’re not losing your Skitch notes, you’ll just have to start accessing them through Evernote. Evernote acquired Skitch back in August 2011.
“Skitch is getting even better. Soon sharing in Skitch will go through Evernote so that you will be able to take advantage of Evernote’s syncing, searching and sharing features.” read the email.
All sharing in Skitch will be going through the Evernote service. which means that you will be able to access your Skitch notes on any computer, phone, or tablet you use. As of October 10, 2012, the Skitch.com website will be archived. The Skitch.com site will no longer accept logins as of that date.
All public and secret images will remain accessible and the links to the content will not change. PRIVATE images will no longer be accessible after October 10, 2012. You can download the private images to you computer. It is then recommended that you add them to you Evernote account.
To download your images:
- Sign in to Skitch.com and go the the Skitch Image Download Tool to get started.
- Choose either “Download Private Image History” or “Download Image History”, then confirm your email address.
- Skitch will collect and compress your image history (this may take a few minutes).
- You will receive an email from the Skitch Team with a link to a zip file once the process completes.
- Click the link and download the file.
- Double click to open it and select which images you want to save in Evernote.
- Drag your image history onto the Evernote app icon, or into any Evernote notebook. If you have any problems with bringing your images into Evernote, please contact our support team.
Private images will stay private in Evernote.
For more information, you can visit the Evernote Knowledge Base.