• iOS
  • iPhone

Steve Wozniak Discusses iOS 6 Maps, Problems ‘Not That Severe’

Steve Wozniak Discusses iOS 6 Maps, Problems ‘Not That Severe’

Apple’s attempts at Maps have been met with criticism and despair, but Apple co founder said in an interview with ZDNet that he didn’t think the problems were ‘severe’, even though he admitted disappointment at the app.

Woz:

I tried to navigate somewhere, and I couldn’t get to where I wanted to by voice. So, I was a little disappointed, because I love navigation by voice with my Google [Android] phones, actually, since they always get it and are based on a better database.

I have been reading about the problems, and I don’t know if they are that severe. Sometimes, there are a lot of complaints about one little thing people spot, but it’s not that hard to deal with in life. I don’t know yet about Maps — I’m a little worried about the navigation, but I’ve still got it covered with a bunch of other navigation apps.

In his usual style, Woz lined up to get his iPhone 5 outside the Brisbane Apple Store along with everyone else.

He does make a good point though – just because Apple’s app is bad isn’t the end of the world. Just find a better Maps and navigation app that works, and even have a few options, like he has.

You can’t deny the Maps app has serious faults, but there are solutions. Just copy the Woz.

1. Cafard says:

I am an Apple user and fan, but I have to call BS on you now. The Maps thing is a disaster, but you are quick to cover it up with a “What would Woz” do attitude? Are you seriously actively advocating that we Apple users search for apps to do that which Apple has decided itself capable doing (though has initially failed)?

1. No one knows that Apple “decided” it was capable of doing it, for all we know Google was the one who decided to terminate their contract and Apple were forced to make an alternative.

1. Cafard says:

Let’s be real here and consider what is more probable. Apple has not been forced to do anything. I love Apple and its products, but we need to be real about Apple’s weaknesses. We aren’t doing the company any favors by writing off its mistakes. We need to call it as we see it, and hope that Apple heeds users’ advice.

1. Basil says:

Google wanted to tie Apple down with a 5 year licensing deal and increased pricing. that is why Apple decided to move away. Their hand was forced.

2. Cafard says:

Simeon, if google terminated their contract, why are Google maps still the means by which I can “find my iPhone”?

2. Gary Colon says:

I like the “just because apple’s app is bad, isnt the end of the world.” Let Windows or Android make 1 mistake and THEN it is the end of the world. Lame people, very lame.

3. MRonin says:

I often think that Woz talks out of his ass these days. However there are times when he’s spot on about a situation. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the maps thing aint the end of the civilization as we know it folks. There are plenty of free and low cost alternatives to be had while Apple is bringing this app up to speed. Keep calm and drive on as they say.

4. elojob says:

389226 927701Your article is truly informative. Much more than that, it??s engaging, compelling and well-written. I would desire to see even a lot more of these types of fantastic writing. 747124

5. 965776 923120Fantastic post man, maintain the good function, just shared this with the friendz 438126

6. 650998 260925fantastic work Superb weblog here! Also your web website a great deal up fast! What internet host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link on your host? I want my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol 199347

7. 246822 355397Basically a smiling visitant here to share the really like (:, btw outstanding pattern . 298716

8. Drogen says:

779409 719721Some genuinely fantastic weblog posts on this internet web site , thankyou for contribution. 57526

9. 567660 584710In the event you happen to excited about eco items, sometimes be tough shock to anyone them recognise that to assist make special baskets just for this quite liquids carry basic steps liters associated ceiling fan oil producing. dc free of charge mommy blog giveaways family trip home gardening home power wash baby laundry detergent 623936