As was expected by most, Apple announced the 4th Generation iPad at its media event that took place today. The new iPad boasts a new A6X processor, with double the performance of the A5, double the graphics performance, an updated camera, expanded LTE and it now uses the new Lightning connector.
The new device also has a 5-megapixel iSight camera, front-facing camera with FaceTime HD and 720p video capture, and faster dual-band Wi-Fi.
The 4th-generation iPad will be available in both black and white just like the previous model, and will start at $499 for the 16GB Wi-Fi only model, or $620 for the 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
The specs are:
- A new chip, the A6X. It doubles the performance of CPU tasks.
- Double the graphics performance.
- 10 hour battery life.
- Updated camera.
- The cellular version has expanded LTE.
- Faster Wi-Fi, Lightning connector.
- Both black and white.
- Same configurations as last generation.
- Starts at $499, with cellular, $629.
For more information, and to order the 4th-generation iPad, visit Apple’s website.
You can view all of our editorial coverage for today’s announcements by visiting our ‘iPad Mini Event‘ tag!