As was expected by most, Apple announced the 4th Generation iPad at its media event that took place today. The new iPad boasts a new A6X processor, with double the performance of the A5, double the graphics performance, an updated camera, expanded LTE and it now uses the new Lightning connector.
The 4th-generation iPad will be available in both black and white just like the previous model, and will start at $499 for the 16GB Wi-Fi only model, or $620 for the 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
The specs are:
- A new chip, the A6X. It doubles the performance of CPU tasks.
- Double the graphics performance.
- 10 hour battery life.
- Updated camera.
- The cellular version has expanded LTE.
- Faster Wi-Fi, Lightning connector.
- Both black and white.
- Same configurations as last generation.
- Starts at $499, with cellular, $629.
For more information, and to order the 4th-generation iPad, visit Apple’s website.
You can view all of our editorial coverage for today’s announcements by visiting our ‘iPad Mini Event‘ tag!