Alongside numerous other announcements made during today’s iPad Mini event, Apple also revealed a new version of iBooks Author, with new features, such as a portrait only orientation mode.
The full change log is as follows:
What’s New in Version 2.0
• Create new gorgeous portrait-only books
• Embed custom fonts into books for complete control over text appearance
• Add even more interactivity with new Scrolling Sidebar and Pop-Over widgets
• Support for mathematical expressions with new native equation editing using both LaTeX and MathML notation
• Automatic optimization of media for iPad
• Improved support for embedded audio, including the ability to play an audio file by tapping an image
• Improved publishing workflow, including automatic sample book creation and pre-publish checking
• Additional Apple-designed templates
• Version numbering for books
• Enhanced to take advantage of the Retina display on the new MacBook Pro
• Performance improvements
• Usability improvements
iBooks Author 2.0 is available now as a free download from the Mac App Store.
- iBooks Author 2.0 (direct link).