Apple Releases OS X 10.8.3

Apple Releases OS X 10.8.3

After nearly four months of testing with developers, Apple has finally released OS X 10.8.3 to the public today, with a number of significant bug fixes (including a fix for Boot Camp issues with 3TB Fusion Drives), official Windows 8 support for Boot Camp, the ability to redeem giftcards using your Mac’s built-in camera from the Mac App Store, and more.

skitch

From the release notes:

The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:

– The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac’s built-in camera
– Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
– Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive
– A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
– A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
– Includes Safari 6.0.3

The update is available now through Software Update. Apple has not yet posted the update on their download page, or updated OS X Mountain Lion in the Mac App Store with the new release yet – but we’ll let you know as soon as we’re aware of it.

Happy updating!

Update: Now available in the Mac App Store as well.

1. Teun says:

Can someone tell me if this has a fix for my jittery Magic Mouse? Especially when my Macbook Pro is doing some graphical performance, I can’t use my mouse. I already tried several fixes that are on the web.

1. Chris Krycho says:

I’ll let you know if it fixes that issue. The problem seems to be the graphics switching, from what I can tell (I have gfxCardStatus installed, and every time that occurs, it’s when it’s switching from the integrated to the discrete GPU).

2. Chris Krycho says:

It looks like the problem is resolved, at least for me. I’ve done a couple of the things that usually trigger it (e.g. plugging in an external monitor, hitting a site that makes me switch over to discrete from integrated graphics, etc.) and have had none of the stuttering/freezing/unresponsiveness I was seeing before.

1. Teun says:

Thanks for your reply! I just updated to 10.8.3 and it seems that you’re right! No more problems so far.

2. Teun says:

And there it goes again! A little bit of sturrering when color correcting some footage in After Effects. Any ideas of fixing the problem?

1. Chris Krycho says:

Alas! I haven’t seen any issues myself since the update came through, so I won’t be any help. Sorry. 🙁

2. riz says:

facebook still stutters . frame rate still not fixed.

3. Manuel says:

This update Fix my GPU Problem on my MacBook 17 inch 2010
    I have GFXCardStatus and put on Integrate only 🙂
    No more Graphic Crash!!!!
    Thanks Apple.