Google today released a major update for the Google+ app for iOS, bringing a number of new features, including Snapseed’s filters and photo editing enhancements, as well as a newly redesigned profile page, an improved notification tray, and more.
From the App Store change log:
What’s New in Version 4.3.0
– New photo editing features: add filters, rotate, and crop
– New profile design
– New notifications tray
– New set-up flow for new users
– Control the volume of posts that you see in your stream from individual circles/communities
– Filter search results by best or most recent
– Tell your friends about a community (by sharing it or sending an invitation)
– Re-share posts to communities
– Display counts for unread messages in your communities
– Additional community moderation features
Google acquired Snapseed developer Nik Software in the latter half of 2012, and it’s great to see them bring those capabilities to their Google+ app – although admittedly, the standalone Snapseed app still offers better photo editing features. Also new in the update is significant improvements to managing community pages. The notification tray also looks quite nice.
Google+ for iOS 4.3.0 is available now as a free download in the App Store.
- Google+ (free, App Store link).