Best Buy will once again offer a free iPhone 5 with the trade-in of an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S. Best Buy tried the promotion earlier this month, and was dazzled by the response, so they’re running the promo again.
Here’s how the program works:
- Best Buy will offer you $150 minimum for an iPhone 4S in “Good” condition.
- An iPhone 5 on-contract costs $199, but Best Buy currently offers a separate $50 off iPhone 5 campaign, so, before taxes and such, these programs combined can yield about $200 off of an iPhone 5 purchase.
The promo launches in stores tomorrow, but the company won’t begin any heavy promotion of it until its Sunday ads. The special will run for 9 days. Best Buy’s current $50 off iPhone special also runs until June 29th as well.
Here are the usual catches and caveats:
- Only Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint iPhones are covered (no T-Mobile)
- The specials are exclusive to Best Buy retail stores
- If your phone is worth more than $150, the difference will be applied to a gift card, not a higher-end iPhone 5 model.
Of course, you might also want to check around at places like Gazelle and Amazon who might offer you more than $150 for a “good” condition iPhone 4 or 4S. But if you don’t feel like dealing with shipping and all that, or if you’re an instant gratification kind of consumer, then the Best Buy offer might be right up your alley.
One last thing, Apple is rumored to be readying its own iPhone trade-in program for later this month, so… There’s that.