We’ve reported in the past about Philips Hue line of colorful lighting that you can control from your iOS device. Now a third-party has released a new app that allows you to control your Hue lighting from your Mac.
From the Hue Menu App Store page:
Hue Menu is a simple and delightful way to control your Philips Hue light bulbs right from your Mac’s Menu Bar.
Features of the app include:
- Change the colors of your lamps from the color charts in the menu or from the traditional Mac OS color Picker.
- Create presets, so as to save the favorite colors for everyone of your light bulbs.
- Select the random mode for all the lights or for a specific light bulb. It will change every 15 seconds the colours of the light(s) bulb(s).
- Set the brightness, turn on/off all the lights or specific lamps.
- Select a light bulb and a color from the color picker or by pointing your mouse’s cursor on a color or a picture and pressing SHIFT+ALT and it will adjust the specified light accordingly.
We here at MacTrast don’t currently have any Hue lighting in our home, so we can’t testify to the utility of this app, but we wanted our Hue using readers to be aware of the app. If you try Hue Menu on your Hue lighting set up, please share your opinion with us in the comments section below.
Hue Menu is available for $2.99 in the Mac App Store. [DIRECT LINK]