Phil Schiller took the stage at today’s Apple event to show off the company’s new Mac Pro professional level computer – the highly anticipated all-new 2013 Mac Pro – trashcan-like design included!
From the press release:
“The new Mac Pro is our vision for the future of the pro desktop, everything about it has been reimagined and there has never been anything like it,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The new Mac Pro packs up to 12-core Xeon CPUs, dual FirePro GPUs, ultra-fast ECC memory, new PCIe flash storage, Thunderbolt 2 expandability and more into a radical new design that is one-eighth the size of the previous generation Mac Pro.”
Here’s what you’ll find inside the new Mac Pro:
- Xeon E5 with up to 12 cores.
- Fastest memory ever: 1866MHz DDR3 ECC memory.
- Two AMD FirePro GPUs.
- Next-generation flash with a PCIe controller with up to 1.2GB/s reads, 1.0GB/s writes, and up to 1-terabyte capacity.
- Thunderbolt 2 connectivity – 20Gb/s throughput.
- It can drive up to three 4K displays with HDMI 1.4 support.
- A new integrated motion controller also illuminates the input-output on the back when the device is moved.
The professional-grade machine set is for a December debut, with a starting price of $2,999 – and we can’t WAIT to get out hands on one! Full details, as always, can be found at Apple’s Mac Pro site.
Be sure to read our complete coverage of todays event here.