This week’s Kickstarter of the week is one of those products you look at, and can’t believe someone hasn’t thought of it before. The ChargeDrive is just that useful.
From the ChargeDrive Kickstarter page:
ChargeDrive is cellular phone charger which serves as a tripod mount, and it also contains a flash memory drive for storing and transferring electronic data. To serve as a cellular phone charger, one has to connect a cellular phone’s power inlet to the outlet connector of the device then subsequently connect the USB outlet of the device to a power source.
The ChargeDrive is an extremely versatile accessory for your mobile device.
Although others have invented portable cellular phone charges, various functionalities that set ChargeDrive apart are:
- It is more versatile
- It is more compact and portable
- It does not make use of long wires that can tangle and become very cumbersome
- The tripod legs can be setup in multiple positions, thereby enabling the user to view the cellular phone’s screen in either landscape or portrait mode
- It has a flash drive storage device integrated into a charging system, thereby eliminating the need to carry multiple devices for both purposes
- It has a standard 1/4″ diameter, 20 threads per inch screw on the back, which enables the user to screw it to other devices and tripods, and
- It can have a NanoSuction plate attached to the back screw as well.
The folks behind ChargeDrive have their manufacturers and suppliers set to get rolling on this project. The money raised from this Kickstarter will be used to make quality injection molds, buy quality USB flash drives, and pay for assembling the ChargeDrive.
Pledges for this project start at $1, which will get you eternal gratitude from the backers, who will be sure to keep you informed as the project moves forward, and go all the way up to $1,000 or more which will gain all sorts of benefits, including your name permanently on the company’s website as a contributor, a crystal clear prototype of the ChargeDrive, and more. The level most folks will probably be interested in is the $39 level which gets you a ChargeDrive in black, white, or red, plus a MicroSuction backplate.
If this project interests you, be sure to visit the ChargeDrive Kickstarter site and take a look at the project.
Have you seen, or even better yet do you have, a current Kickstarter or Indiegogo project you’d like us to check out? If you do then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell me all about the project, and why you think it would make a good subject for a future Kickstarter/Indiegogo Project of the Week. If I agree, I’ll contact you for more information.