Nike has debuted its Nike+ Move app for the iPhone 5s. The app requires an iPhone 5s, as it works with the new handset’s M7 motion co-processor chip.
From the Nike+ Move App Store page:
Nike+ Move uses the M7 coprocessor to convert your movement into NikeFuel, the first-ever single, universal unit for measuring all kinds of activities. No matter your age, weight or gender, the same activity earns you the same amount of NikeFuel.
The app keeps track of when you move, how you move, and where you move, and it then lets you compare it to your friends activity to see who moved more. (Watch out folks! If you nap more than 20 hours a day, I am SO gonna beat you!)
The M7 chip reads the iPhone’s motion sensors in order to supply reliable data to apps such as Nike’s, while improving battery life by relieving the main A7 processor of those duties.
Features of the app include:
- Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
- See when you are most active throughout the day and how you’re doing compared to yesterday.
- Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
- See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
- See where you’re moving and where you move the most each day.
- Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.
Nike+ is available FREE for the iPhone 5S in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]