Sony has released the PlayStation App for iPhone, which acts as a companion app for the company’s soon to be released (November 15) gaming console. The app allows PlayStation 4 users to interact via chats with friends, watch other users play games, buy games, and more.
From the PlayStation App page:
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
- See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
- Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
- Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
- Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
- Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
As you might expect, a Sony Entertainment Network account and a PS4 system are required to use all of this application’s features.
The PlayStation 4 debuts Friday, November 15 for $399, although various bundle deals are being offered by retailers.
The PlayStationApp is available now, FREE for the iPhone in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]