Alongside their new Mac Pro, and a significant new update for Final Cut Pro X and its companion apps, Apple also released Logic Pro X 10.0.5 today – a major update adding a variety of new features, new Drummers and Drum Kit Designer patches, as well as a significant number of bug fixes and minor enhancements.
From the release notes:
What’s New in Version 10.0.5
• Adds 3 new Drummers and 11 new Drum Kit Designer patches
• Significant enhancements to Channel EQ and Linear Phase EQ plug-ins including redesigned interfaces that are also accessible within the Smart Controls area
• Solo now works as expected on channel strips using an External I/O plug-in
• Volume and pan automation is now included in XML interchange with Final Cut Pro X
• Loops that belong to the same family can be selected and changed using a new control in the region header
• The waveform size in an audio region now adapts to the value of the region Gain parameter
• The Link mode button is now available for the Piano Roll editor
• Includes stability improvements
The update is free to existing owners of the app, and is available immediately through the Mac App Store. For full information, or to purchase as a new user, check out the Mac App Store page.
- Logic Pro X ($199.99, Mac App Store link)