The FitBit iPhone app has received an update today that may draw curious iPhone 5s users into the FitBit fold. Today’s update adds a basic tracking feature that uses the iPhone 5s’s M7 motion coprocessor to provide some of a FitBit device’s basic activity tracking features on the phone.
NEW Fitbit app now features MobileTrack which offers basic Fitbit activity tracking directly using your iPhone 5s. This app connects with Fitbit’s line of activity trackers and Aria Smart Scale to get access to all your stats on-the-go.
The new feature works only with Apple’s flagship handset, the iPhone 5s.
What’s New in Version 2.1
- The Fitbit app now features MobileTrack which offers basic Fitbit activity tracking directly using your iPhone 5s.
- Redesigned Silent Alarms settings. Set, switch, edit, and remove alarms faster than ever.
- Set your own custom water goal.
- Redesigned profile editor.
- Redesigned tracker settings.
- Redesigned sign-up and sign-in.
- Tap on people in Friend Finder to see their profile.
- Swipe on friends on your leaderboard to Cheer, Taunt, or Message.
- Tap on tabs to auto-scroll to the top.
The FitBit app is available FREE for the iPhone in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]