Apple has had a busy update release day, as in addition to updates for OS X, and iTunes, they’ve also released an update for their Podcasts app for iOS, version 2.1. The new version adds a new “Unplayed” tab for episodes that you haven’t listened to, improved episodes browsing, an “Ask Siri” feature, and more…
This update includes several improvements that make playing your favorite podcasts even easier:
Improved Episode Browsing
- Quickly find episodes you haven’t listened to in the new Unplayed tab
- Browse episodes that are available to download or stream in the Feed tab
- Save your favorite episodes to keep them offline
- Episodes can now be automatically deleted after you play them
- Tap on links that appear in podcast and episode descriptions to open them in Safari
- You can now ask Siri to play podcast episodes by simply saying “play podcasts”
- To play specific podcasts or stations, just ask Siri to play them by name, like “play TEDTalks”
- Please note that Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas.
- Podcasts now supports CarPlay
- Start playing a station right from the stations list — just tap the Play button next to the station name
- Share links to your favorite podcasts using AirDrop
This update also resolves playback issues after syncing with iTunes and improves stability while downloading podcasts.
The Podcasts for iOS app is available FREE in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]