Microsoft has released a new version of Skype for iPhone app, which includes a new modern hub-centric design, more reliable messaging, and a more modern voice and video calling experience.
The app doesn’t look to be available quite yet for everyone, as some users are reporting the update is showing up in App Store as an update, but they are unable to download it. (See below.) The app should propagate to all, as the day goes on.
What’s New in Version 5.0
- Overall performance improvements – faster start up and fluid animations.
- A new modern hub centric design putting recent conversations first – just swipe to see your favourite people or contacts.
- Richer and more reliable messaging: create groups, share photos (even to offline contacts) and video messages.
- In-app notifications for quick conversation switching, and in-app controls to manage notifications.
- A new simplified, modern voice and video calling experience.
Skype 5.0 for the iPhone is available FREE in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]