So it says on the Apple website that only OSX Safari works and any Apple handheld. No Windows devices are compatible straight off the bat (like how it’s been for all this time)
An easy workaround is this:
- Download VLC Player from here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
- Install it and everything, make sure it works correctly.
- Open the program. Click on Media (top left) > Open Network Stream.
- You will see this screen: http://puu.sh/bqV9o.png
- Paste this link into that field:
- Click Play. If you see a video with sound like so: http://puu.sh/bqVgs.jpg
You are all set and ready to watch the Live Stream tomorrow
The actual link you need to paste into VLC will obviously be different and will be live later today. Check back later for the real live stream link and you can watch the stream on your Windows device
Update: Live link will be available at 10am PT/ 6pm GMT
Be sure to visit the Reddit link above at 1PM Eastern – 10AM Pacific time for the live stream link.
Hope it works for all you Windows users… Although you do still have time to run out and buy a Mac before the event kicks off…