The latest in Rovio’s über popular Angry Birds series of games, “Angry Birds Transformers,” has hit the App Store worldwide today.
From the Angry Birds Transformers App Store page:
Angry Birds and Transformers collide in this action-packed, 3D shoot ‘em up adventure! The EggSpark has transformed the eggs into crazed robots who are destroying Piggy Island, but who can stop them?! Autobirds, roll out!
Angry Birds fans have been anticipating this one for some time now, as the game was first announced back in June, and a soft-launch took place last month in New Zealand, Finland, Canada and Australia.
– COLLECT! Unlock a roster of heroes (and villains) with unique attacks and abilities!
– DESTROY! Leave the slingshot at home – this time you have some SERIOUS firepower!
– VEHICLES! Oh, yes! Car, truck, tank or plane – transform to dodge falling hazards!
– UPGRADES! Get stronger weapons and new abilities for every Transformer!
– TAG TEAM! Borrow a friend’s character to unleash a devastating two-bot assault!
– TELEPODS™! Scan ‘em to unlock, revive or boost your bots!
“With Angry Birds Transformers we created a totally new action packed gameplay experience, where the player gets to jump into action either on their feet or on wheels”, said Jami Laes, Executive Vice President of Games, Rovio Entertainment. “This is of course just the beginning and there’s more to come! As with all of Rovio’s games, there will be exciting updates with new content and features coming in the future.”
Angry Birds Transformers is available FREE for the iPhone and iPad in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK] (In-app purchases are available, NATCH!)