Popular Mac photo editing app Pixelmator received some update love today. Version 3.3 of the Photoshop alternative gets a redesigned interface, OS X Yosemite support, Handoff and iCloud Drive support, and more.
What’s New in Version 3.3
- Redesigned Interface: A new look and feel inspired by OS X Yosemite.
- OS X Yosemite Support: Complete OS X Yosemite new features and technology support.
- Handoff Support: Instantly switch between Pixelmator on your Mac and iPad.
- iCloud Drive Support: Safely store and access your images on all devices.
- Pixelmator for iPad: Fully compatible to work seamlessly with Pixelmator for iPad.
- Repair Tool Extension: Quickly fix images outside Pixelmator in apps like Mail or TextEdit.
Pixelmator’s redesign was inspired by the new OS X Yosemite operating system, and brings a flatter, more translucent look to the app.
The app now supports iCloud Drive, allowing users to access their files from any Mac or iPad. Users can also begin their work on the Mac version of Pixelmator, and then handoff the file to their iPad, (or vice-versa), and continue work there.
The updated photo editor now also offer support for OS X Extensions via a Repair Tool in apps like Mail or TextEdit. You can now repair images right in the app you are using, without the need to open the app.
The Pixelmator 3.3 update is available for free to all existing users.
New users can download Pixelmator from the Mac App Store for $29.99. [DIRECT LINK]