Apple released updates on Tuesday for Final Cut Pro and Xcode. Both updates are available from the “Update” tab in the Mac App Store.
The minor update to Final Cut Pro (version 10.1.4) brings native support for Material eXchange Format (MXF) container files and several other enhancements and bug fixes.
What’s New in Version 10.1.4
– Native MXF import, edit, and export with Pro Video Formats 2.0 software update
– Option to export AVC-Intra MXF files
– Support for import and editing with Panasonic AVC-LongG media
– Fixes issues with automatic library backups
– Fixes a problem where clips with certain frame rates from Canon and Sanyo cameras would not import properly
– Resolves issues that could interrupt long imports when App Nap is enabled
– Stabilization and Rolling Shutter reduction works correctly with 240fps video
Final Cut Pro version 10.1.4 is a free update to owners of Final Cut Pro, which is available in the Mac App Store for $299.99.
Xcode 6.1.1 brings several bug fixes for developing both OS X and iOS apps.
What’s New in Version 6.1.1
– Fixes common causes of SourceKit crashes when working with Swift
– Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
Xcode version 6.1.1 is a free download in the Mac App Store.