Universal Studios has announced the full cast list for its upcoming Steve Jobs biopic. Michael Fassbender (Steve Jobs), and Seth Rogen (Steve Wozniak), head the cast.
According to the release, obtained by SlashFilm, Universal’s forthcoming film has started principal shooting in San Francisco under the direction of Academy Award-winning director Danny Boyle.
Written by Academy Award winning writer Aaron Sorkin, the movie is set to take place backstage at three separate product launches. Sorkin adapted the screenplay from Walter Isaacson’s Steve Jobs biography.
The cast includes:
- Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past, 12 Years a Slave) as Steve Jobs
- Seth Rogen (The Interview, Pineapple Express) as Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak
- Jeff Daniels (Dumb and Dumber, HBO’s The Newsroom) as former Apple CEO John Sculley
- Kate Winslet (Titanic, The Reader) as former Mac marketing lead Joanna Hoffman
- Katherine Waterston (Inherent Vice) as Jobs’ former girlfriend Chrisann Brennan
- Michael Stuhlbarg (HBO’s Boardwalk Empire) as famed Mac programmer Andy Hertzfeld.
Three actresses are set to play Jobs’ daughter Lisa Brennan-Jobs, they are: Perla Haney-Jardine (Future Weather), Ripley Sobo (Winter’s Tale) and Makenzie Moss.
Completing the cast, Sarah Snook is set to play PR guru Andrea Cunningham, and Adam Shapiro will play former Apple SVP of Software Engineering Avie Tevanian, who is credited with leading the development of Mac OS X.
The film – which spent years in pre-production, swapping hands and studios a number of times – began filming earlier this month at Steve Jobs’ childhood home in Los Altos, Calif.