Both games offer “30 action packed levels,” and at first blush look to be really similar in gameplay mechanics. We haven’t had a chance to try out either game yet, if any of you get a chance to play, let us know what you think of the games in the comments section below.
Halo: Spartan Assault
Battle your way through 30 action-packed missions against the Covenant as you explore the origin of the Spartan Ops program featured in Halo 4.
Earn achievements, complete missions and compete against your friends for the top scores in the leaderboards.
It’s time to join the assault, Spartan!
• Epic campaign featuring 30 action packed levels with a brand new Halo story set just before the events of Halo 4.
• Command many of your favorite Halo weapons, vehicles, and armor abilities, and customize your Spartan to create the perfect Spartan warrior.
• Earn achievements, complete weekly challenges for XP and compete against your friends in leaderboards for ultimate bragging rights
Halo: Spartan Assault is available for $5.99 for both the iPhone and iPad in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]
Halo: Spartan Strike
Delve into 30 challenging missions through cities and jungles using a devastating arsenal of weapons, abilities and vehicles including the iconic Warthog against the Covenant and Promethean enemies.
You are a Spartan supersoldier in this classified ONI simulation that starts during the events of Halo 2 on New Mombasa in 2552. Lead UNSC troops through numerous missions battling against new enemies to save Earth from being overtaken.
• Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
• Face off against Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
• Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
• Earn achievements, complete weekly challenges and take the top position against friends in leaderboards that showcase your Halo gaming skills.
Halo: Spartan Strike is available for $5.99 for both the iPhone and iPad in the App Store. [DIRECT LINK]