Apple has released iOS 8.4.1 to the public. The update, which includes improvements and fixes to the Apple Music app, comes roughly 6 weeks after the public release of iOS 8.4.
The update, build 12H321 can be downloaded over the air via the Software Update menu in the Settings app on your iOS device. (“Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update.”)
Apple’s release notes mentions only Apple Music improvements and fixes.
This release includes improvements and fixes to Apple Music.
- Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1
As we grow closer to the fall release of Apple’s upcoming iOS 9 release, it is likely that any other updates to iOS 8 will be limited to pressing bug fixes. iOS 9 is scheduled to be released in early fall.