Google’s crowdsourced social navigation and tracking app Waze has been updated to include handy 3D Touch shortcuts available from the Home Screen of any iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus device.
The 3D Touch shortcut feature offers quick access to features such as address search, location sharing and turn-by-turn navigation based on the work and home address you have setup.
The new feature compares to the 3D Touch features available in Apple’s own Maps app, which offers shortcuts to Directions Home, Mark My Location, Send My Location, and Search Nearby.
The new version also includes the following fixes and new features:
- Version 4.0.1 introduces a fresh new design for easier navigation, reporting, and sharing.
- Support for 3D Touch! Press and hold on the Waze icon to quickly navigate home, to work, search addresses or send your location.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Significantly reduced battery consumption.
- Fewer taps to start your drive, send locations and directions.
- New ETA panel organizes everything you need in one place. View reports, check alternate routes, add a stop on the way, or instantly send ETA to friends and family.
- The new map is easier to read with a cleaner look catered to your drive.
- It’s easier to help others on the road with a faster, more visual reporting menu.
- Reports and alerts are now color-coded so you can instantly recognize them on the map.
- Smart notifications to leave on time for your Calendar events based on traffic conditions and drive times.
Waze is available free for the iPhone in the App Store. [GET IT HERE]